01 October 2008

choices

















When I first saw pictures of Joseph Cornell’s stash I thought I would never need that kind of space. Silly me. Having a luxury of pieces to choose from is wonderful, but continuous organizing would be the key, eh?

The wear on the bare metal boxes is lovely, but I do wish I had more of the white ones (and maybe fewer pink ones, yellow ones, and I have no idea what to do with my lone orange tin). The variety of sizes I’ve found makes decisions easier, I had no idea there were tins less than a centimeter across, but now I have a dozen - both round and rectangular.

Hinges are still scarce though. I’ve been making them out of various non-hingey things, but someday I may break down and buy teensy dollhouse size ones. I wonder if there are any that click closed, that can be very handy for secret compartments.

No comments: