02 May 2010

blue


This is the current stage of the middle of the piece I am working on, it is going slowly.

I've been off my groove lately, this has somehow been a very complicated year, and I've let things eat away at my work time - a dangerous trend especially since technical problems are also hindering productivity.

These last few days I've been re-inspired and mad to work, but found myself instead enjoying spending time and eating (a lot!) with family and friends. Saturday I ate each meal with different people (ending up in an incredibly atmospheric old building full of wandering passages for a delicious dinner), but after lunch today it was time to get serious and focus, which feels great and frustrating at the same time.

The first few hours in the studio I generally spend flailing, the longer I've been away the longer I spend lost and wandering before I find the path, but I even resisted the holiday parade going down my street this afternoon and am finally making some progress.

Tomorrow I'll be getting my little flame thrower fired up, it's time to layer encaustic.

4 comments:

* said...

beautiful. looking forward to seeing its completion.

bhán said...

Thanks! It will be finished in about a week.

BoneFolder said...

This is looking good, the composition and especially the palette. Not enough detail to look at the content but so far it's quite beautiful.

bhán said...

Thanks! This part is surrounded by an image of a stone wall, I'll try to remember to post a picture when it's done.
I may have been a little hasty in predicting it would be done in a week :-/